Sunday, March 6, 2011

Google App inventor

I've been getting back to my inner geek a little bit this week and playing with the Google App Inventor. It's a pretty cool google lab thing that lets almost anyone build android applications. http://appinventor.google.com/

I was able to build a quick and dirty tweet reader, that uses a Text to speech engine to read out loud tweets sent to you so you can get tweets without taking your eyes off of the road. Someone built a similar app for texting that would respond and say "I'm driving and will respond shortly. Currently I'm at " and insert the address you are currently at. Pretty cool stuff.

My master plan is to actually build a few cool apps, throw them in the android market (currently appinventor apps can't go into the market) and make millions. I doubt it will actually work that way, but it's good to have a plan.

I am going to work with our training department to build a practice test that people can take when trying to get their Enterasys certification. I might also build some sort of application for another side project called "No Pink Turkeys" which is an attempt to self publish some humor books. (http://nopinkturkeys.blogspot.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment