Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Silly Telco's

We got notified by a collections agency for a past due invoice. Occasionally something slips through the cracks and it's easy enough for us to go back and pay it, assuming it's ours. Many times shockingly, it's not.

The thing that struck me as interesting is after trading emails for a week trying to figure out what it was for we said "Hey can you send us the invoice, so we can see what it is you are talking about?" the answer was "I'll have to check with my boss."

Now maybe I'm old fashioned, but if I'm expecting someone to pay a bill, it's sort of implied that they should be able to see the bill. .The sad part is, this invoice is actually all the way back in 2006. Really it's almost 5 years old and they just now realized it was past due? Shouldn't there be a statute of limitations on this stuff?

It's only around $2500 so it's hardly going to break the bank, but shouldn't they tell me when it's past due by 30,60,90 days, rather than wait 5 years? We've actually started putting in a clause in our new contracts that they can't invoice us for services back more than 12 months just to avoid this issue in the future.

We actually have half a dozen clauses we use now. I'll post more of them later

No comments:

Post a Comment