Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A few cool companies to watch

Every now and then I come across a really cool company that I like to share. This week there are two that I think are pretty innovative.

I shared a few when I went to Cloudslam12, one of them shopforcloud, got bought already and is now called planforcloud.com, so someone else thought they were good too.

This week we started testing hotlink. They take vcenter, which is how almost everyone manages Vmware environments  build a shim and can then manage any hypervisor. In our lab we have Vcenter managing ESX and hyperV. We can migrate virtual machines between the two.They also support Citrix and Redhat's VM environments and I'm sure will be adding more. HINT: Look for a super cool announcement at vmworld.... Oh and Enterasys Data Center Manager works with all of them.

I started using Waze. It's a social traffic tool. Think of google maps traffic layer mixed with real time "friends" updates. It lets you tell the people behind you what is going on. I think it is really helpful, though the traffic maps don't seem to be as robust as I'd like. I think its' because it is still new and not enough people are on it. Watch this get better as more people start using it.

What cool companies did you come across that you want to share? Comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Waze is pretty cool... I've been using it for a few months now..

    ReplyDelete